Monday, February 4, 2008

What first came to my mind when reading Gregg Lynn’s articles was another text I read on fractal mathematics (I wish I remembered the name to cite it), but much of the configuration ideas of Gregg Lynn seem to rely on this type of geometry that from a simple pattern, form, body, line, etc. a series of more complex geometric patterns generate it and at the same time these more complex patterns are generated by other and more complex geometries. I remember the text explained that as humans we tend to abstract and idealize everything and see holistically edges bodies and shapes, the example given was the human figure we see the edge of the skin with space and we tend to see a simple curves that delineate our body but if seen with more precision our skin has pores, follicles, hairs that are formed by an infinite number of complex geometries, the same with the edge of a tree and every object that surrounds us.

No comments: